The Board’s principal role is to regulate Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals; and by so doing, protect the public interest.
It also ensures that pharmacies are compliant with legal requirements.
The functions of the Board are:
- To Register Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals to practise in Gibraltar, after duly assessing their applications for registration.
- To review and renew registrations on an annual basis.
- To provide guidance on ethics, conduct, behaviour, responsibility and other professional matters to the regulated professions.
- To receive, investigate and take necessary action in respect of complaints from the public and others about registered practitioners.
- To liaise with similar regulatory bodies in other jurisdictions and provide certifications of good standing to them on behalf of registered practitioners.